The second part of the interview with Viviane Reding, carried out by the CVCE in Sanem on 11 September 2015, has recently been published and can be consulted here.
Conducted by Elena Danescu, a Researcher at the CVCE, the interview focuses on some of the main European milestones from the personal perspective of the former European Commissioner. ‘[…] Europe is a land of solidarity and values, not one of selfishness.’ Check out this fascinating account from Viviane Reding in full. The interview particularly covers the following subjects:
- The circumstances surrounding the establishment of the Prodi Commission (1999)
- Her action as European Commissioner for Education and Culture (1999–2004)
- Her action as European Commissioner for Youth and Sport (1999–2004)
- Her action as European Commissioner for the Information Society and Media (2004–2010)
- Her action as European Commissioner for Justice, Fundamental Rights and Citizenship (2010–2014)
The third part of the interview with Viviane Reding will be recorded in December.